Wednesday, August 6, 2008

General Update

I picked my first two tomatoes off my monsterous tomatoe plants last week.

Rasberry bushes have together produced about 9 berries, picked and ate two today.

Yay! A new nest to moniter! Today, as I was walking near the basement door, a Robin flew right in front of me in a panic. I Already new there was a nest there, but the Robin had only laid infertal eggs, and seemed to give up for a while. Now there are two eggs, and I am going to regularly moniter the nest. One odd thing, is that one egg is elongated with "hard wrinkles" on the shell. This will be interesting to see how this effects the bird inside.

Today I watched as two titmice faught amounst the trees. They were furiouse! Nearby, a hord of house sparrows chattered, a few cat birds listened intently, flying hear and there to get a better view, and some ceder waxwings whistled excitedly. Even a Robin paused to listen the comotion. Meanwhile, a lovely little titmouse maid sat on a branch a little ways off and whistled its usual"Peter", which sounded more like "Friederick" to me. It was an amusing sight, and the two fighters soon chased eachother into a neighboring yard, so it was short one too.

Some Pictures:







3 comments:

lhopfan428 said...

Oh my goodness. Those are such good picutures!

The eggs look like perfectly dyed Easter Eggs!!!

BuddingAuthor said...

What lovely pictures! Congratulations on your tomatoes and new nest-finding!

Unknown said...

Drop-dead gorgeous pictures, as usual!!!