Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Complete Naturalist

A naturalist is not complete without:

a. Camera


b. at least one field guide


c. A Butterfly Net!





I just became a complete naturalist by purchasing my first proffesional butterfly net. But this is no ordinary butterfly net. It is long, and wide, and the bag is big, soft, and light weight. In fact, the whole thing is light weight. But the best part is the fact that it can fold up so small, that it is no problem fitting it into any backpack! I carry it arround with me, (in my bag, of course) and stand it up on the wall across from my bed, where I can see it. As mom says, "It's like an appendage to your body!" Perhaps the novelty will wear off, but for now, I don't feel complete without it nearby.

To see a picture of the net, click here.

4 comments:

Emily of the North said...

Cool! Happy butterfly hunting!! ;-)

BuddingAuthor said...

Congratulations on your new appendage! ;-)

lhopfan428 said...

You fooled me...I thought for sure it was the camera....!

Congrats.

The Naturalist said...

hahha! BUt I"ve Already got a camera!