Thursday, May 5, 2011

My First (Decent) Photoshop Drawing

I have always been interested in the capabilities of the computer to make art. Drawing in photoshop is not unlike drawing on a piece of paper, except for the fact that you can press "command z" and undo that stray mark or accidental smudge! Here is my first creation that looks like what it is supposed to. My logo is "Blue Rose Designs". This is because of my fascination with the fact that blue is such an uncommon color in nature. My goal, someday, is to be able to show fellow scientists how to genetically modify a rose to be blue, a feat which has proved impossible thus far. If we can genetically modify plants to 'naturally' produce true blue pigments (the only plant that is true blue is gentia), then we would have amazing insights into the genetic makeup of living organisms, and how they can be altered for the better. Who knows, maybe in the pursuit to make a rose blue someone will discover how to get ordinary stem cells (from bone marrow!) to differentiate on its own to become an arm or a leg, or a lung, so that amputees and transplant patients can have a body part that is of their own genetic makeup!





No comments: